Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 9: And Summer has Arrived

Traversed through Cheyboygan State Park twice today. First, in the afternoon, hiking the paths before walking along the shores of the Lake Huron. The second came after dinner and another study session. This was the best run yet. As moved deeper in the woods around 8 p.m., I turned over only the shoreline and ran about 4 miles along the bluffs. And then the sunset came as I could see the Mackinaw Bridge in the distance. I kept thinking, tomorrow I’ll be crossing over that marvel. I haven’t been north of the bridge since I was 20; I’ll be 28 in less than a month. Maybe this whole trip is a bucket list that starts 30 years earlier than anyone else. Then again it might just be an extension of life.

That sunset was beautiful, especially as a shower came pouring in and I could barely keep my eyes open as both I and the sunset fought the clouds. I thought if I ever was a writer I'd put this in a song,, “They say their ain’t no heaven on earth, but the look of her was all the beauty I ever needed.” I wonder why we always call beauty her? I guess that's because her is usually more beautiful that him.

I took a much needed before realizing the campfire I just purchased was now soaked. That's OK. I'll just light up the tent and study that way. And then I heard the tearing and ripping. "Oh Fuck. I left my pantry box out." I finally got the courage to see the raccoon mowing down on some hamburger buns. Ironic thing was I was going to throw them away tomorrow. Sleeping wasn't as pleasant, but I still got 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment