Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 3: A New Day; A New Opportunity

As I started planning this trip, one of my personal goals was to complete something I'd always remember that day for. Day 1 was the initial drive, knowing I had just 40 days left. Day 2 was that sunrise at 5:30 am. Day 3 included driving 13 miles through the Huron National Forest to the beautiful Au Sable River and being beneath the bluffs that almost empower it. With my toes in the river, I spent three hours studying in the same posts that lumbermen spent their grueling days building America during the second half of the 19th Century. It was a beautiful 82 Degrees Farenheit.

That experience was complemented by a 7-mile run through the forest trails. As I popped in and out of sand dunes upon the bluffs and back into the woods, I couldn't help but think I was simply doing something that had been done well-before my time. As I ran farther into the deep-solitude that only the woods can provide, I thought that without preservation like these posts, those after won't have such self-spirtual experiences. Surely we need to retain such beauty and surely we need to provide amble opportunity for modern inventions to be used in such places, which is why we must have 21st Century sustainability plans that conform with 21 Century ideals and 21st Century way of life...... And then it was back to Constitutional Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment