Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 2: A Sunrise Start

When I told friends that I'd be taking this trip, I was often pegged with the same question, "really? How are going to study?" My response was always the same, "would u rather be studying in a cubicle as your backdrop or ?" Point was usually well-taken and affirmation came on Day 2 when I woke up to a Lake Huron sunrise.

My first stop has been in a place quite familiar with my childhood, where I would spend my summer months on the shores of "Michigan's Sunrise Side" with family. Back then time was split between a family cottage on Hammel Beach, just north of Augres, and my aunt's condo on Tawas Bay. Those memories are the kind that we look upon decades later and hope we can provide such unforgettable moments for our children.

Thursday's sunrise was beautiful, and a great beginning to this journey. And to answer the question about studying. Well, I ended up getting in about 12 hours that day to complement a great awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment