Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 7: Angler at Dusk

We never did fish much as kids; we didn’t hunt either. I was told once by a college professor that those things come from your father. I can say I never really missed it and we had plenty of other things to keep us occupied. Tonight I had a front row view of a local angler hoping to fly fish his way into dinner. “You catch anything yet?” I asked. “Nah, not yet, but I’m trying,” he responded. About 5-minutes later the neighbors asked the same thing. I thought to myself 'he's gonna get sick of answering this if he keeps moving down the river.' He just stayed there until I could barely see him.

Today, was a solid day of getting up early and studying through the morning rush. When I say rush, I mean any urge I might have to eat a granola bar. The summer heat was in full force I recalled the days when I was on the beach and that I’d be back in Cheboygan in just a few days. Overall, Lovells, or wherever this cabin along the Au Sable is actually located has provided a tranquil place in its own right. Like the Angler at Dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment