Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 6: Back With Nature

You may recall a few days ago, when my toes were in the Au Sable as the river winds into Lake Huron. Well here, I am back in the National Huron Forest and on the banks of Au Sable. However, this time I'm about 80 miles in the middle of north-central lower Michigan. (that's a mouthful) So far I have traveled just under 300 miles, slept in a bed, on a floor, on a couch and a pull out sofa. Here's my map that I'll be updating throughout.

Here in the middle of nowhere, and just south of Lovells, MI, I am finally to my first place on this trip that I hadn't previously visited and it is in the midst of beauty. A friend from our hometown has his family cottage here and was gracious enough to allow me to stay for 2 nights before heading to Cheboygan and then north of "the bridge." Yesterday was probably my most relaxing day yet. I started the day studying in the car before taking a breather until the evening. With a wraparound deck larger than my first apartment after college, I had a great place to study at.

And as the sun began to set and dusk turned to dark, a large thunderstorm came pummeling through the region. I ended going outside to study on a covered portion of the porch, listening to raindrops become surrounding by thunder and lightning. I was content to be Back With Nature

.

No comments:

Post a Comment