Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 8: Days Start Blending In

It was suppose to take about 90 minutes to get from the cabin over to Cheboygan, but I decided to take the long route, which pegged me in dead-center of north, central, eastern lower Michigan. (Huh you say?) If you care to look at a map its around Lewiston and Garland, a beautiful enclave in the middle of nowhere. It reminded me of my drive last spring down from New Hampshire’s White Mountains and out to Maine's Capital Coastline around Portland.

Its been rewarding to get some work done and also cut out things in my life that I don’t seem to have the urge to have anymore. This includes Spam, something that was unfiltered in my life when I entered college 10 years ago. It is isn’t much of an accomplishment, but it sure seems like one. Each morning, I unsubscribe to e-mails that I just habitually delete. (Lufthansa - it was great taking that flight from Berlin to London last August, but we're gonna have to take a break.)

Another note to be proud of, though it has nothing to do with me, is that the Tigers have won every series since I started this trip. They went from being 5 back in the race for the pennant to 2.5. I’d like to think that I had something to do with that. I also think of passing this test while spending the summers listening to Dan Dickerson. At least I'll have to Tigers and essentials like hot sauce, bourbon and smores to hold me over.

The halfway point for the bar is done and I’m now complemented by multistate studying with Michigan specific subjects. I met a lawyer at a wedding 2 weeks ago – the last time I shaved my face – and she said she now uses less than 5 percent of what she studied for during the bar. She said she didn’t want to sound depressive, but most of it is useless because you forget it. However, she did say that the week leading up to the bar and the weeks following she never felt so smart. I guess that’s something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment