Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 27: Peace Be With Us

I woke up at 10 - really? Did I spend all that time sleeping. Yep. I guess back to spending three hours on Torts. My goal was to spend these 3 days studying the MBE subjects again before this weekend's pre-exam. Hike for an hour and another hour spent against a large rock and contracts. I sure hope this whole thing is worth it. And its not this excursion I am referring to, but the fact that I spent three years doing what I'm doing in 10 weeks.

Today's lunch involved wild raspberries. Sorry Mr. Rhode but these are a bit better. (For those not from Chesaning, the Rhodes use to own a strawberry farm in our hometown. The guy was also Captain Bob, but that's another story.). I thought if I gained weight in Copper Country, its all but lost now caring this backpack through the woods. As I fed off the wild, I couldn't help but feel I had found faith in this wilderness park and what do you know - faith then found me when I set up camp shortly after 5 p.m. It was here that I talked with Jesse a 20-something college student from La Crosse, Wisc., he and Kristin were leading a group of Christian students from Milwaukee on a similar trek. (There sure are a lot of Sconnies in this part of the 'Great Lake State' - a nickname I'd remind the students throughout the night.) They offered some of their dessert - oreo pie - for my dinner. After breaking bread, peace was certainly with us as we watched another beautiful sunset come over our tents.

After my fourth study session of the day, I joined them for late night games before heading back for another night. This was as peaceful as any night I've had on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment